There’s nothing like a great hair day! You know that day when your hair is at the right length, going in the right direction, laying in the right places, all the while looking silky and feeling smooth… And then you leave the house in 90% humidity, light rain or worse yet, snow - and BAM! Your hair is frizzy and out of control!
I hate FRizzy hair and when I think of it, I get FRangry!
As a stylist, I have a lot of remedies for frizzy hair. Eufora has a Smooth’n line of Frizz Control products that offers frizz, humidity and heat protection. Brazilian BlowOut offers the same type of solution along with cuticle smoothing treatments that last from 30 to 90 days depending on your needs. But to be honest, there is no cure for this (frizzy) aliment, only momentary fixes using products and smoothing treatments to reduce your risk of becoming FRangry.
I am a woman who loves control and knowing that I can’t permanently fix this problem really bothers me. The truth is, there’s nothing that can prevent the outside elements from interrupting a good hair day! That’s why I don’t focus on the humidity, rain or snow, because I can’t do anything about it. So instead, I focus on the remedy for the circumstances my hair will face!
When our hair is frizzed out, there are many things you can do to correct it, but what do you do when your life is like a good hair day gone bad? One moment everything is silky smooth and the next moment things are frizzy and out of control!
Remember, there is no cure for the outside forces we face and we have no control over them. But just like the preventative measures we can take with our hair, there are preventative measures we can take for the frizzies that appear in our lives.
1. Determine your level of commitment. Many of us just want the quick fix and coat our frizzy mess with self-help products or temporary fixes. One of the questions I ask my clients when discussing hair related issues is “What is your level of commitment to reaching your desired result – Flirting, dating or marrying?
– Are you Flirting with some options, looking but not touching?
– Are you Dating some of your options, with no real commitment, just tried it once or twice?
– Are you Married to your options, completely committed to the work it takes to achieve the results you’re looking for?
Remember: You will get out of it what you put into it!
2. Take Action! "People don’t plan to fail, they fail to plan.” I love this quote. Just like with your hair, it’s appropriate to apply a liberal amount of smoothing oil to your soul when trying to prevent the frizzies of life. I begin each day with the oil of His Word (the Bible) so that I can saturate my soul with the wisdom I need as a preventative measure for the frizzies in life.
Remember: Something is better than nothing! Start with 5 minutes a day!
3. Don’t get FRangry! It only makes the frizzies worse. I read a funny quote the other day. “How can I control my life when I can’t even control my hair!” We will all face things in life that are out of our control. But nothing is out of God’s control. 1 Corinthians 10:13 says “No trial has overtaken you that is not faced by others. And God is faithful: He will not let you be tried beyond what you are able to bear, but with the trial will also provide a way out so that you may be able to endure it.” (NLT)
Remember: When we commit to finding a solution, take small action steps everyday and trust that God is in control, the frizzies in your life will smooth out and soften, just like a great hair product that reduces and controls our frizzy hair.
–You are Soul Beautiful–